The purpose of this policy is to enhance the learning environment and cultivate an atmosphere of discipline, equality, and respect.
Students may wear the items listed below. Anything not listed may not be worn. All clothing must…
- Be in good condition
- Fit properly
Shirts and Blouses
- Polo’s and turtlenecks – long or short sleeve:
- Allowed colors are solid white, navy blue, grey and burgundy.
- Shirts must have a collar.
- Long sleeve shirts may be worn underneath short sleeve polo’s.Allowed colors are solid white, navy blue, grey and burgundy. Solid white undershirts may also be worn.
- Must remain buttoned except for the top button.
- If a shirt has a logo, it must be on the left breast and not be distracting in color or size as determined by the administration.
- Oxfords and collared blouses – long or short sleeve:
- Solid white, navy blue, grey and burgundy.
- Solid white undershirts may be worn. NO colored undergarments or tank tops allowed.
Pants, Slacks, Shorts, Skirts, Jumpers
- Allowed colors are solid khaki (tan), navy blue, grey, burgundy or optional burgundy/grey school approved plaid. Top of garment shall remain at or above the waist. Black pants are not allowed.
- Pants/Capris – Uniform style. Top of garment shall remain at or above the waist (no sweatpants or leggings worn as pants).
- Skirts/Skorts – No shorter than 3” from the knee.
- Jumpers – No shorter than 3” from the knee.
- Dresses must have a collar on or underneath them.
- Fabric – Twill, poly/cotton, or corduroy (no denim or leisure fabric).
- Socks are encouraged.
- Tights colors and patterns should not be distracting.
- Shoes do not have to be solid in color, but should not be distracting. Shoes can have stripes and swooshes.
- Shoes must be closed-toe.
- No slippers, crocs, etc.
- Snow boots are allowed as weather permits.
- Please try and find non-marking soles.
- No bright lights or roller shoes.
Sweaters, Sweater/Suit Vests
- Allowed colors are solid white, navy blue, grey, or burgundy.
- Knitted cardigans, pullovers, and vests.
- A collared shirt or blouse, described above, must be worn underneath.
- Sweaters and hoodies may be worn in the classrooms during the winter months.They must be solid school colors: Navy Blue, Grey, or Burgundy. School hoodies are welcome to be worn all days.
Examples of Acceptable Fleece Jackets/Knit Sweaters
- Solid navy blue or grey blazers are allowed.
- If the teacher finds any jewelry distracting, the student may be asked to remove it.
- Ties, crossties, and scarves must be burgundy, grey, navy blue, or the school approved burgundy/grey plaid.
Hair & Accessories
- Hair accessories are permitted.
- Outerwear, other than sweaters, must be stored in the student’s locker and only worn to and from outside. Headwear, including hats, bandanas, sunglasses, etc., is not allowed other than while transitioning during cold weather. Makeup that is distracting or inappropriate is not allowed. No sagging and bagging of clothes. No extreme hairstyles. Hair will be clean and neatly groomed. Hair paints or colored sprays are not permitted. Unfinished or frayed hems on skirts, jumpers, pants, shorts, or any article of clothing are not allowed.
- This policy shall be adhered to on the part of Jefferson Academy students unless an exemption is approved by the Director.
- Fridays will be known as Spirit Days where students may wear shirts and sweatshirts with the “official” school logo, local high school logo, or an “official” university logo. NO NFL, NBA, etc. type of jersey allowed.
*Jefferson Academy school approved plaid is a SPECIFIC plaid with burgundy, grey and white.
- (burgundy plaid)
- (plaid #524)
Jefferson Academy Logo Clothing
There will be opportunities for parents and students to purchase JA branded clothing throughout the school year.
If students are in violation, parents will be called for substitute articles of clothing. Written warnings will be given as appropriate.